Updating the operating system on a computer or laptop is something that must be done for someone who actively uses a computer as a work tool. This update or update of the operating system can ensure that the performance of the device used remains prime and relevant to technological developments.
Well , one of the widely known operating systems is Windows 10 which was first released in July 2015. Windows 10 is Microsoft’s big leap after being previously known as Windows 7 and the legendary Windows XP . The development of Windows 10 as an operating system is supported by checking and installing automatically when the device is connected to the internet.
Even so, device owners or users can also update manually. The reason is that some devices are equipped with security applications or when users avoid bugs when performing automatic installations. So, how do you update or update Windows 10 easily and quickly? Check out the following reviews.
1. Update Windows 10 via Windows Update
The main way for those of you who want to update Windows 10 is via Windows Update . This method is quite easy because it can be done with the following steps,
- Press the Start/Windows button on the desktop of the computer device
- Open settings or Settings on the computer device
- Click the Update & Security option in Windows Settings
- Click the check for updates button
- If the latest Windows 10 update is available then your device will then run the update installation automatically
The steps above are the easiest way to update the Windows 10 operating system through your computer device settings. You can try it, of course, with the availability of qualified internet service and properly connected to your computer device.
2. Update Windows 10 via Update Assistant
Another way to update Windows 10 is via the Windows Update Assistant . This Windows Update Assistant service requires several key technical requirements which consist of the following,
- The device is connected to internet services stably. This is because the Windows 10 update size is around 2-4 GB
- Downloading the latest version of Windows 10 Update Assistant
- Back up important data from drive C on your device
After downloading Windows 10 Update Assistant , next steps are as follows,
- Open the Windows 10 Update Assistant application
- Click the Update Now button
- Windows will automatically check the compatibility of your device
- Click Next
- Wait for the Windows 10 automatic upload and update process to finish
After the steps above are fulfilled and the download and update process is automatically complete, then the next step is that you need to restart your computer device.
3. Update Windows 10 via Media Creation Tool
The next way to update Windows 10 is to use the Media Creation Tool . Before downloading the Media Creation Tool application , you need to make sure that your computer device still has at least 8 GB of free storage space on partition or drive C.
The steps for updating Windows 10 via the Media Creation Tool are as follows,
- Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool version 20H2 app
- Run the application by selecting the Upgrade this PC now column
- Click Next to continue the installation document download process
- If the document has been downloaded, click the Accept button on the License Terms page
- Klik Upgrade this PC Now pada halaman What Do You Want To Do? lalu klik Next
- Wait for the download process of the latest version of Windows 10 then click the Install button on the Ready to Install page
- Check the Keep Personal Files and Apps option to prevent losing applications and files stored on your device.
- Click the Next button to start installing Windows 10 version 20H2
- Select language, edition, and device architecture preferences on the Select Language, Architecture, and Edition page , then click the Next button
- Next you will choose two options where you will save the Windows 10 installation application then click the Next button .
At the end of the upload process, you must make sure that at least the storage partition on your computer has at least 8 GB so that the installation application storage process runs smoothly.
4. How to manually update Windows 10
Apart from the simple or automatic methods above, you can also update Windows 10 manually through the following steps:
- Search and find C drive on your device or Search using C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download. Make sure the partition or drive C is empty to avoid losing files stored there
- Press the Start/Windows key and open the Command Prompt menu . then type “cmd” and right click
- Select Run as Administrator
- Enter the phrase “wuauclt.exe/updatenow” to open the Windows update program and check for Windows 10 operating system updates available.
- Return to the Command Prompt and enter “wuauclt.exe/updatenow” again to notify the user that a Windows 10 update is in progress
- Back up or copy all data files on partition C before the installation process takes place to prevent them from being lost after the update is complete
That was the process and steps that can be taken manually to update Windows 10 on your computer. How? Easy isn’t it? So , through this review, you can try updating Windows 10 on your device so that your device’s operating system can be even better. This update is of course important to make you comfortable when using your computer in your daily activities. Make sure that your computer is equipped with the latest version of the Windows 10 operating system . Good luck!