Telegram is one of the most popular chat applications. Through this application, you can send messages to each other, create groups, and share files with fellow users. Like WhatsApp, you can also access it on a computer.
Well , for you users, have you ever accidentally deleted a message or photo? If so, there’s no need to worry. According to AirDroid , there are several ways you can try to restore it, although success may still depend on other things. Come on , just take a look!
1. Use the Undo feature
Did you know that this application has an Undo feature that can restore deleted chats instantly? When the chat is deleted, the Undo button will appear immediately. Press the button and deleted chats will be back again.
2. Export data Telegram
You can use this method via the desktop version of the application:
- Install the desktop version of the application, then login.
- On the Dashboard page, click the three vertical dots icon, then enter Settings, then select Advanced.
- Select Export Telegram Data, then select the messages you want to restore.
- Click Export, then select Show My Data.
3. Find the message in Saved Messages
This instant messaging application has cloud storage that allows you to store and access stored messages again.
- Open the app then click on the three vertical dots icon.
- Select Saved Messages.
- The Search feature will appear and you can enter keywords to search for the message you want.
4. Search the Telegram Images folder
For those of you Android users who are looking for messages in the form of photos sent by friends, you can try the following methods:
- Open File Manager
- Select Storage -> Internal Storage -> Telegram
- Select the Telegram Images folder
5. Take advantage of the Android cache folder
Android users can also search for deleted messages via the cache folder:
- Open File Manager
- Select Android -> Data -> org.telegram.messenger -> Cache
6. Via iTunes Backup
For you iPhone users, you can always rely on iTunes backup to save conversations. So when a message is deleted, you can immediately restore it.
- Connect iPhone with desktop/Mac, then open iTunes.
- Tap on your phone icon at the top left
- Select Restore Backup, then select which conversations you want to restore
7. Via iCloud
iCloud Backup is very effective for restoring deleted messages. Here’s how:
- Open Settings on iPhone.
- In the General section, select the Reset button and select Erase All Content and Settings
- When the iPhone has restarted, select “Restore from iCloud Backup” and select the Telegram message
How? Success? If the methods above don’t work and you really need to restore deleted messages, you can contact the Telegram support team.