Various smart phones today, including the iPhone, can scan barcodes and QR Codes that are commonly encountered.
Barcode or QR Code is a code with a certain black pattern that contains a set of information related to a product or other.
Usually you will find barcodes on packaged products while QR Codes are more often used as links that direct you to a specific URL to view more information.
But for you iPhone users, you need to know that support for scanning barcodes or new QR Codes is directly available on the default camera on the iOS 11 operating system or above.
Meanwhile, if you use an iPhone with iOS 10 or below, you need to install a third-party application first from the Apple App Store.
How to Scan Barcode and QR Code on iPhone
With the Default Camera App
- Make sure your iPhone is using iOS 11 or above
- Open the iPhone’s default camera app
- Point the camera at the barcode
- Wait until the Barcode or QR Code is scanned
- Press the notification regarding the product information that appears
- Next you will be directed to a search engine or a special page
With Power Scanner App
- Download and install Power Scanner – QR & Barcode from the Apple App Store
- Run the app once installed
- On the main page of the application, select the Scan menu with the camera icon
- Point the iPhone camera at the barcode to be scanned
- After the barcode has been scanned successfully, the numeric code data will appear followed by several Google Search menus , Amazon Search , Internet UPC Database , or Copy to Clipboard
- You can choose Google Search to directly search for it
Interestingly, the Amazon Search menu in the Power Scanner application allows you to search for items in the Amazon marketplace with the barcode. While Copy to Clipboard will copy the scanned code.
Actually there are many applications on the iPhone as well that you can choose to scan barcodes. But in my opinion, the Power Scanner – QR & Barcode application is very easy to use because the menu is not complicated and how to use it is simple.
Moreover, there is a menu that makes it easy to search for goods directly such as Google Search and Amazon Search in it.