Zoom has become an application that is inseparable from daily activities for use in work meetings, study activities, or launching an event.
Even in one day, you may have to attend many different meetings and events. Sometimes at an online event, the organizers ask you to change your name or photo to match the predetermined theme.
On Zoom itself you can change names and photos easily. However, the steps will be different for the Zoom application on mobile phones and computers.
How to Change Name and Photo on Zoom
On the computer
- Login account on the Zoom application that has been installed
- On the main page, select the Options menu at the top right with the profile photo icon
- Select the My Profile menu
- Next you will be directed to the official Zoom website to log back in
- After successful login and go to Profile page , press profile photo to change it
- On the Change Profile Picture page , press the Change . button
- Then you will be directed to the Windows Explorer dialog box
- Select the desired photo and press the Open button
- You can adjust the photo size to make it proportional
- Next, press the Save button to make it a profile photo
- If you want to change the name on Zoom, then press the Edit button on the right side of the Profile page
- You can change the First Name , Last Name , and Display Name as needed
- Press the Save button to save the name change
- Your Zoom name and photo have been successfully changed
For the record, Display Name is the name listed that people will see when they are in a meeting. While the First Name and Last Name are the account names that you specify in the Zoom application.
- Open the Zoom app and log in to your account
- Select the Settings menu on the main page
- Go to the My Profile menu at the very top
- Press the arrow to the left of the profile photo and select Take Photo or Choose Photo
- Choose the photo according to what you want
- Make Crop in an image to an appropriate size for display
- When finished, press the Done button
- Meanwhile, to change the name that will be seen at the meeting, it can be done on the Display Name menu on the My Profile page
- On the Edit Name page , enter First Name, Last Name, and Display Name
- If you only want to change the name that appears during the meeting, then just change the Display Name.
- When you have finished changing, then press the Save button
- Your name and photo on Zoom has also changed
For the record, the Take Photo menu is used if you want to take a profile photo directly from the cellphone camera. While the Choose Photo menu you can choose if you want to take photos or images that are already available on your cellphone storage.
You could say, changing names and photos through the Zoom application is more practical than on a laptop or PC because we don’t need to log in and visit the Zoom site again.