Google Drive is one of the popular cloud storage that is bundled with a Google account and has a capacity of 15 GB for free.
Android phones are also required to use a Google account to be able to connect to existing services, including Google Drive so that its functions are increasingly common to find.
In addition, Google Drive is also integrated with other Google products included in the Google Suite. That way, Google Drive becomes a very practical solution when it comes to creating documents, storing data, and exchanging data.
Even the data stored in Google Drive can be shared with others via social networks, chat apps, SMS and more by simply sharing a link so that it can be accessed.
The process of creating and sharing a Google Drive link is fortunately a few easy steps.
How to Share Google Drive Link
Via the Web
- Open Browser and visit Google Drive site
- Log in with the Google account that you have
- Find data (folders or files) to share with others
- Right-click on the selected data and press the Share button which has a person icon and a plus sign
- In the Share with people and groups dialog box , you can select the Copy Link button in the Get Link section
- Share the copied link to social media, chat or other.
Don’t forget, you can change the role of the email recipient to Viewer , Commenter , or Editor according to the purpose for which you want to share it. To do so, you can press the Change button in the Get Link section located below the Share with people and groups dialog box .
Viewer means that the recipient can only see data or documents along with their comments, so they don’t make any changes at all. Meanwhile, Commenters can provide comments and Editors are given full permission to make changes.
- Open the Drive app on your Android phone
- Search for data to share from Google Drive
- Press the Options button with the three dots icon to the right of the data
- Press the Copy Link button
- After the link has been successfully copied, you can share it via chat applications, social networks, and others.
How to Share Google Drive Data Directly to Email
- Follow the same steps as before
- Not Get link, this time select the Share menu
- In the Share with people and groups dialog box , enter the destination email address
- You can also add a message in the Message field if needed
- Also specify what the recipient’s role is Viewer, Commenter, or Editor
- Press the Send button to share the data to the email