As one of the popular photo and video-based social networks, Instagram has brought a variety of features that are used to attract many users in both the Lite and regular versions .
In addition to uploading photos and videos on the timeline, Stories are one of the most popular features for Instagram because they can share their moments in the form of videos or photos for 24 hours. After the time is up, the Story will not be visible because it has entered the archive of the user who uploaded it.
In addition, the location of the Story is at the top so that it makes everyone curious to see. Story also provides a variety of interesting features that you can explore to provide memorable moments for other users.
One of them is the Hands-Free feature that allows you to take selfies or make videos using a timer or time so you can prepare to pose first.
When taking a selfie using Hands-Free, you will be given a chance for 3 seconds before the capture begins. To find out more about how to use the Selfie Timer, then you can immediately see the guide as follows.
How to Activate Hands-Free For Selfie Timer
- Open the Instagram app on your phone
- On the main page, swipe or swipe the screen from left to right to display the photo or video capture page
- Then select the Story menu
- Select the Hands-Free menu in the additional menu that is right on the left or right side
- Press and hold the Record button with the circle symbol until it displays a countdown time of 3
- After the number 1 appears, then you can release the button
- Your selfies are automatically ready to be shared via Instagram Stories
To make selfie photos more interesting, you can also add text or stickers on Instagram Stories that will be made so that they are more unique to look at.
By using the Hands-Free feature, you can actually create a short 15-second Instagram Story video in a way that’s not much different.
How to Enable Hands-Free For Instagram Stories
- Swipe or swipe the screen from left to right to display the Photo or Video Capture page
- Select the Story menu
- Right on the left or right side, you will find various menus
- Choose the Hands-Free feature
- To make a video, you only need to press the Record button with the circle symbol without holding it because the recording will run automatically
- If the recorded video exceeds 15 seconds, the video will be split into several parts
- Next, all you have to do is add stickers, text, locations, and more to make the video more interesting
- Finally, all you have to do is post the video on Instagram Story
That’s how to use the Instagram app’s built-in Selfie Timer easily. With the presence of this feature, it will be easier for you to pose first before a selfie is taken or the story is taken.