As the name implies: Elegant
If the Huawei Watch Fit puts forward a sporty appearance, the Watch Fit Elegant Edition as the name implies looks more elegant. Huawei uses a stainless steel frame with two color choices, namely Frosty White with a white strap and gold accented frame, and Midnight Black with a black strap and silver frame.
From the exterior appearance, I think the Frosty White that I reviewed in this article will look more stylish when worn by women. Although it is actually okay to wear it by men because the design itself is unisex. The dimensions of the body are quite elongated, so it will be suitable for those of you who have rather large wrists, but it will be less than ideal if your wrists are small.
Another thing that distinguishes Watch Fit Elegant from the previous version is the fluoroelastomeric strap . How is it different from standard silicone? This material is more heat resistant, not damp, not easy to stick to oil, and not easy to stretch. Fluoroelastomer is also believed to be safer for the skin because it will not cause allergic reactions.
If you look closely, this strap looks more premium and doesn’t have the impression of being cheap at all. As far as I have tested, it has been proven that the strap on the Huawei Watch Fit Elegant feels so comfortable on the wrist. When used to exercise in sunny weather, it is not hot at all.
Huawei Watch Fit Elegant only has one button which functions to return to Home or to open the menu. The rest control is only through the touch screen, for example the Back function which can be done by sweeping the screen from left to right.
While on the lower body you will find sensors to detect heart rate. The sensor looks a bit protruding but doesn’t interfere with comfort or aesthetics. At the bottom you will also find a magnetic pin for charging and access to remove the strap. Please note that the strap connection is not universal. So if you want to replace it, you must buy the one that is intended for the Watch Fit.
Discussing the magnetic pins a little, in my opinion, when connected to the magnetic charger cable, it is not strong enough so that the charger can easily come off or shift accidentally. For additional information, the Huawei watch Fit has a 5ATM waterproof certification (up to a depth of 50 meters) so it is safe to swim with.
Touch screen with AMOLED panel
This lightweight watch weighing only 34 grams comes with an AMOLED screen measuring 1.64 inches and has a resolution of 280 x 456 pixels 326 ppi. The brightness level is quite good and the content can be seen quite clearly even though I am in strong sunlight. You can also adjust the brightness level up to 5 levels or automatic.
In addition, the Huawei Watch Fit Elegant screen is also sharp with a rich color presentation. The displayed content looks great. Oh yes , the screen on the Watch Fit Elegant adopts a curved 2.5D design, not 100 percent flat, and offers a screen-to-body ratio of 70 percent.
Then what about the response to touch? So far my testing was quite enjoyable. Swiping the screen left and right or calling Quick Settings by sweeping from top to bottom feels smooth. To see notifications, you can swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
Watch face? Overflow! You can change the watch face according to your taste with the various built-in options , or you can also download other options through the Huawei Health application. You can also activate Always-On Display even though the display options are not too many.
Health features are quite complete
Huawei Watch Fit Elegant is armed with the Kirin A1 chipset and runs the Lite OS operating system from Huawei. The chipset is capable of providing fairly responsive and power efficient performance. Lite OS also feels so light even though in terms of completeness of features and the ecosystem it is not as grand as Wear OS.
You will find a range of health features which in my opinion are quite complete in its price class. The first is heart rate monitoring with Huawei TruSeen 4.0 technology which will detect your heart rate periodically for 24 hours.
What I like most and of course really need in a pandemic like this is Continuous SpO2 to monitor oxygen saturation in the blood. It is continuous, which means that it will continue to monitor the SpO2 throughout the day, not just when you press a button like most other smartwatches.
The combination of heart rate monitoring features and SpO2 can be a sign for those of you who are experiencing health problems. I can’t confirm the level of accuracy, even though Huawei claims the SpO2 monitoring feature on the Watch Fit Series is a combination of hardware optimization, optical technology, and smart algorithms. But at least, with this feature you can get an early warning for further consultation with a doctor.
Do not miss the Huawei TruSleep 2.0 feature to monitor your sleep patterns, complete with various suggestions so that you get better sleep quality. In addition, there is also the Huawei TruRelax to monitor stress levels during activities, and the Breathing Exercise to train breathing to relieve stress. Especially for women, Huawei provides a monthly cycle monitoring feature.
Fitness features with a private trainer
For those who like to exercise, Huawei Watch Fit can be an attractive partner. There are 12 exercise guide animations such as Burn Fat Fast, Full-Body Streatch, Neck & Shoulder Relaxation, Exercise at Work, and so on. Because there is animation, I can immediately follow the movements correctly and feel as if I was accompanied by a personal trainer.
Not only that, in total there are 96 sport modes to choose from, including 11 popular and professional sports, including running, swimming, cycling and yoga. As long as you do the exercise, all data related to your heart rate, calories burned, distance and duration will be recorded in the Huawei Health application.
Interestingly, the Huawei Watch Fit Elegant is equipped with an internal GPS to track when you exercise outdoors. That means, you don’t need to carry a smartphone when jogging or cycling. There is also an Auto-Detect Workouts feature which, when activated, will automatically detect the type of exercise you are doing.
Battery life and other features
Just like smartwatches in general, Huawei Watch Fit Elegant can also display incoming notifications when connected to a smartphone. WhatsApp messages can be displayed, but there is no notification for incoming phone calls via WhatsApp (only missed call notifications). For normal phone calls, a notification will appear on the Watch Fit screen, but unfortunately, there is only a button to reject the call and no option to answer the phone.
Huawei Watch Fit Elegant also lets you control music. The condition is that you must be connected to a smartphone and cannot store music on the watch. It is quite unfortunate even though the storage capacity is quite large, 4 GB. Yes, at least you can save a large selection of watch faces.
From the information I browsed on the Huawei website, it turns out that the Watch Fit Elegant provides a shutter camera function to make it easier for you to take pictures without having to hold your cellphone. But after I find out more, this feature is only compatible with Huawei smartphones based on EMUI 8.1 and above.
Battery? Durable! 180 mAh can last up to 10-12 days depending on usage. The charging time is also quite fast. When the battery is 10 percent left, it only takes less than 1 hour to be fully charged.
A stylish smartwatch to support a healthy lifestyle
In my opinion, the Huawei Watch Fit Elegant Edition is a smartwatch that combines a luxurious look, capable hardware, and complete features to support a healthy lifestyle. This watch can be your partner when exercising as well as a fashion support during your daily activities and attending various formal and casual events.
Huawei Watch Fit Elegant Edition is suitable for:
- Sports fans can take advantage of the 96 modes available on the Huawei Watch Fit Elegant to monitor data such as heart rate, calories burned, and so on. Because it is 5ATM, it means that this watch can also be used for swimming.
- Professional workers who are busy and mobile during the COVID-19 pandemic are also suitable for wearing the Huawei Watch Fit Elegant. The Continous SpO2 feature is very useful for monitoring oxygen saturation and as an early warning against happy hypoxia.
- Women who want to look stylish can wear Watch Fit Elegant to support their fashion at various events, both formal and non-formal. The stainless steel frame in gold color will look charming when combined with the right top.
- Employees who are on WFH can count on this watch to stay on the move. There are 12 exercise animations so you can do light exercise indoors. Like having your own private trainer.
- Students who need a smart watch to accompany their daily activities are also suitable for choosing the Huawei Watch Fit Elegant. Its affordable price is one of the reasons.
The advantages of Huawei Watch Fit Elegant:
- Nice and premium design in its class
- The strap feels very comfortable in the hand
- AMOLED screen brightness level is quite good, including for outdoor use
- Supports Always-On Display
- There is a 24-hour heart rate sensor with Huawei TruSeen 4.0 technology
- There is a continuous SpO2 monitoring feature to monitor oxygen saturation throughout the day
- Huawei TruSleep 2.0 to analyze sleep patterns
- Sport mode is quite complete, and there are 12 animations as a private trainer
- 5ATM: water resistant up to 50 meters
- Long battery life
- Relatively fast charging
- Prices are quite competitive
Disadvantages of Huawei Watch Fit Elegant:
- Body dimensions are less than ideal for users with small wrists
- There is no option to pick up a phone call
- There is no option to send a short message when rejecting a call
- The magnetic pin is not okay so the charger can easily come off
- It would be even more interesting to use a more universal strap, or at least, Huawei provides a wide selection of straps that can be purchased separately
- The shutter camera function is only for Huawei smartphones
- There is no option to save songs on internal storage
Pingback: The advantages and disadvantages of the Huawei Watch Fit Elegant Edition – Alomaki.com