Features of Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold 16 Inch
The ThinkPad X1 Fold 16 Inch brings a line of updates. First, there is the screen sector. The 16-inch ThinkPad X1 Fold screen is now bigger. The flexible OLED panel it carries measures 16.3 inches with a resolution of 2024 x 2560 pixels. The screen brightness level reaches 600 nits with an aspect ratio of 4:3. With a larger screen, the 16-inch ThinkPad X1 Fold will be more comfortable to use in various modes through the Mode Switcher feature.
Modes of use include:
- Classic clamshell, or laptop mode: This mode provides a workspace with a 12-inch screen and onscreen
keyboard in the lower half of the screen.
Alternatively, it can also be paired with the optional full-sized ThinkPad Bluetooth TrackPoint keyboard . This mode is ideal for productivity in confined spaces such as planes, trains and cars.
- Landscape mode, or all-in-one mode: delivers incredible transformations. In this mode, users can take advantage of the stand and fully unfold it to get a larger 16-inch screen. Ideal for work scenarios such as presentations or multitasking. Then, to support productivity you can connect the device to the ThinkPad Bluetooth TrackPoint keyboard.
- Portrait mode: This new mode is the same as landscape mode. The difference is, the position is portrait or vertical. Suitable for reading and editing long documents, opening feeds on social media, websites, and other tabs simultaneously.
- Book mode: As the name suggests you can use the ThinkPad X1 Fold like a book. Can be used for those of you who like to read digital books or browse websites.
- Tablet mode: This mode can be used in portrait or landscape position. Ideal for supporting content creation. Moreover, the touch screen also supports the use of a stylus pen with the Wacom protocol.
The update then propagates to the spur kitchen sector. The 16-inch ThinkPad X1 Fold is now one of the laptops with the Intel EVO standard. Performance is entrusted to a 12th Generation Intel Core processor with options up to Intel Core i7 and Intel Iris Xe graphics. The system is also supported by 32GB LPDDR5 RAM and SSD storage space with a capacity of up to 1TB.
ThinkPad X1 Fold 16-inch specs at a glance:
|ThinkPad X1 Fold|
|Performance||Processors||Up to Intel vPro with 12th Gen Intel® Core™ U9 i5 and i7 Processors|
|YOU||Up to Windows 11 Pro|
|Memory||Up to 32GB LPDDR5|
|Storage||Up to 1TB PCIe Gen 4 SSD|
|Graphics||Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics|
|Displays||16.3-inch (2024×2560) foldable OLED 600nit HDR/400nit SDR, DCI-P3 100%, Dolby Vision, On-cell Touch with Pen support
16.3-inch when open / 12-inch when folded
|Audio||Dolby Atmos 3-speaker system (2 speakers work at any one time)
Dolby Voice enabled – 4x microphones (2x mics work at any one time)
|Camera||5MP RGB+IR with Intel VSC option|
|Battery||48Whr (optional additional 16 Whr based on configuration)
65W AC Rapid Charge
|Physical||Touch Fingerprint Reader (on keyboard)
Windows Hello face login
|Connectivity||Ports||2 x Intel Thunderbolt 4|
|1 x USB-C 3.2 Gen 2|
|Nano-SIM card tray|
|Wireless||Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 AX (2×2)|
|Optional 5G Sub 6 (LTE supported)|
(W x D x H)
|Unfolded: 276.1 x 345.7 x 8.6mm (10.87in x 13.6in x 0.34in)
Folded: 176.4 x 276.2 x 17.4mm (6.9in x 10.87 x 0.68in)
|Weight||System: 1.28kg / 2.82 lbs
System with Keyboard and stand: 1.9kg / 4.19lbs
|Sustainability||Recycled PET Woven Performance fabric cover
97% PCC recycled plastic used in speaker enclosure
97% PCC recycled plastic used in the 48 Whr and 16 Whr battery
At least 90% PCC recycled plastic used in standard 65-watt adaptor
90% recycled and/or sustainable packaging
Another feature, the 16-inch ThinkPad X1 Fold is equipped with a Thunderbolt 4 port, 6E WiFi, optional 4G and a tough design that meets MIL-STD-810H military standards.
Price and availability
The 16-inch Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold is planned to be available in the fourth quarter of 2022. The price of the 16-inch Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold is US$2499.