On the Android OS Google brings an update to the Google Chrome browser. Through this update, Google presents a new interface for tab management. Now, every tab opened in Google Chrome can be grouped into groups. For those who often multitask open multiple tabs this feature will be beneficial. However, those who are not familiar with these features may be confused.
Well, for those who are not familiar with Google Chrome’s new interface, this feature can actually be turned off. But, not via the Google Chrome Settings menu because there is no option to disable it. This is because the group tab feature in Google Chrome is an experimental feature from Google. Here’s how to disable the group tab feature in Google Chrome Android.
1. Open Google Chrome browser
2. Then, in the field to type the website address type chrome: // flags / # enable-tab-grid-layout, then press enter.
3. In the search field then type the grid layout tab
. 4. After finding the grid layout tab, change the Default option to Disabled in the menu option.
5. After that, at the bottom click relaunch to restart Google Chrome
6. If it doesn’t work, close the Google Chrome application then try opening it again.
Note: If you want to go back to using the tab management features you can simply do the same steps. The difference is, in the grid layout tab options you can then select the Enable option.