Instagram launched a new feature that allows users to choose between showing or hiding the number of Likes on their posts. That way, users can decide what kind of experience they want on Instagram.
Reduces social pressure
In a press release received by Yangcisticated on Thursday (27/5), Instagram has conducted a trial to hide the number of Likes to see if this can reduce the social pressure experienced by its users. It turns out, based on input from users and experts, some users rated that they benefited when they didn’t see the number of Likes.
Of course, there are also some other users who feel like they still want to see the number of Likes on each upload, to find out what kind of content is currently popular. That’s why Instagram decided to present a feature that allows users to choose between showing or hiding the number of Likes themselves.
“Starting today, we are giving you the option to hide all the likes of posts on your Feed timeline. What’s more, you can also decide when you want to hide the number of likes on a particular post so that other users can’t see the number of likes you get, ”said Philip Chua, Head of Public Policy, Instagram Asia Pacific.
How to Hide the Number of Likes on Instagram
So , if you are an Instagram user who doesn’t want to see the number of Likes, just follow the steps below:
- Open the Instagram application on the smartphone, then enter Settings / Settings.
- Select Privacy.
- Select Posts / Posts.
- Enable the Hide Like and View Counts feature / Hide Number of Likes and Views.
- Please note that this setting applies to all posts on the timeline on your Instagram Feed, so you won’t see the number of likes other users get.
How to Hide the Number of Likes on Certain Posts
You can also choose to hide the number of Likes before posting a piece of content. You can enable or disable this setting, even after posting your content. How:
- When uploading content in the feed, select Advanced Settings on the New Post page where you write the caption. Its position is at the bottom.
- Enable the Hide Like and View Count feature.
- If you want to hide Likes on previously uploaded content: select the three vertical dots in the upper right corner, then select Hide Like Count / Hide Number of Likes.
How? It’s easy, right? May be useful!