If you are a user who recently switched from an Android smartphone to an iPhone, the first thing you will probably do is move all the contacts stored on the old device to the new one. Like from Android to Android, moving contacts from Android to iPhone is just as easy.
There are several options for how you can do it. For more details, just look at 3 ways to move all contacts from an Android smartphone to an iPhone, as reported by the Android Authority :
1. Using the Move to iOS application
How many of you know that Apple actually has an application released for the Android OS? For those who don’t know, the application in question is Move to iOS . Of course, you can download this application for free on the Google Play Store.
- After downloading Move to iOS on your old Android smartphone, open the app and follow the directions.
- Choose what you want to move and then click Next.
- Your new iPhone will create a private WiFi network. After that, connect the iPhone with the Android phone.
- Enter the security code, wait for the process, and all contacts will be saved on the new iPhone.
[appbox googleplay com.apple.movetoios&hl=en&gl=US]
2. Rely on the Google Sync feature
This one method is more or less the same as when you want to copy all contacts from Android to Android. Here are the steps:
- Make sure the Google account installed on your old Android smartphone has the latest sync. Usually this process is automatic. But to be more sure, go to Settings , select Account & Sync , then select Google.
- On the new iPhone, open Settings then select Mail .
- Select Accounts , then click Add Account .
- Enter your Gmail account and make sure the Contacts field is checked.
- Let the syncing process complete.
3. Using VCF files
Unlike the two ways above, this one is the manual way. Come on , just see how:
- Enter the Contacts application on your Android smartphone.
- Click the three dots icon to open the menu, then select Select All .
- Click the Share icon and Android will automatically convert all contacts into a VCF file format. Save it on the phone.
- You can send the VCF file to an email installed on your iPhone, or via a PC.
- Open the VCF file and iOS will ask you to add all contacts.
How? It’s easy, right? Hopefully this article is useful!