Are you a PlayStation 4 gamer who just bought a PlayStation 5? For your information, the latest console from Sony supports backward compatibility, which means that it can run almost all PS4 games on the PS5. In fact, there are many PS4 games that can be played with more stunning visuals on the PS5, for example Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us 2, Days Gone, and so on.
So , if you have a collection of digital games stored on the PS4 and want to play them again on the PS5, you don’t need to bother downloading the game again. Simply move game data along with save files directly from PS4 to PS5. Here’s how easy it is:
1. Preparation on PS4
The first step is to prepare your PS4 before transferring its data to the PS5. Make sure you are logged in with the same account on both PS4 and PS5. After that, update the PS4 software to the latest version, and sync the trophy by pressing the Options button on the DualShock 4 while viewing Trophies, then selecting Sync with PlayStation Network.
2. Connection options
You can move data from PS4 to PS5 with several connection options. We strongly recommend using a LAN cable as it is quite fast. If you don’t have one, you can rely on the wireless option by connecting the PS4 and PS5 to the same WiFi network at home.
3. Transfer data from PS4 to PS5
After everything is ready, then we enter the stage of transferring data from PS4 to PS5. Come on, just follow the steps:
- Turn on your PS4 and PS5 consoles, and make sure they are connected to the same WiFi network. If you have a LAN cable (just one), use it to connect the LAN / Ethernet port on the PS4 and the LAN / Ethernet port on the PS5.
- On the PS5 console, go to Settings -> System -> System Software -> Data Transfer -> Continue .
- PS5 will find your PS4 console then display the Prepare for Data Transfer message . During the given time duration, press the Power button on the PS4 for approximately 1 second until you hear a ‘beep’ sound .
- Select the data you wish to transfer. It can be game data or save files so you don’t have to start over from the beginning of the PS4 game that is being played.
- Select Start Transfer
- Wait for the process to finish. The PS5 Console will automatically restart. After that, your PS4 games can be played on the PS5.
How? It’s easy, right? I hope this article is useful!