Since the iOS 11 update appeared Apple added a scan feature or scanning documents with an iPhone or iPad camera. Unfortunately, not many users are aware of this feature. If you don’t have a multi-function printer and want to scan documents using only an iPhone or iPad here’s an easy way to do it.
How to scan documents with iPhone or iPad
For how to scan documents with an iPhone or iPad camera the steps that must be done are as follows:
1. Open the Notes app
2. Select create a New Note in the lower right corner of the screen
3. Tap the camera icon that appears above the keyboard
4. Tap the Scan Document option
5. Place the document on the table and position the camera on top of the document
6. On the iPhone screen / iPad will appear a yellow box. Fit the document you want to scan into the box and click the shutter button to scan. (If you want to adjust the size of the yellow box manually, select manual mode in the upper right corner of the screen)
7. Click the shutter button to start scanning the document
8. When finished tap the Save button
This document scan feature from Apple is also supported with simple editing options. After the document has been scanned, you will be able to rotate the document orientation, change the color effect to optimize the scan results, crop it, to the option to directly share the document in .PDF format. Not only that, Apple also provides the option to add scribbles, text to signatures. To do this you just need to select the scanned document, click the share button in the upper right corner of the screen, then select Markup. Set it tap the sign (+) and select the option or text bunches. Good luck!